The Plagues, The Passover & The Crossing of the Red Sea
Our study of Moses continued last week by looking at God’s miraculous rescue of his people from slavery in Egypt. Our kids learned that just like God rescued his people from Egypt, He sent Jesus to rescue us.
God’s people were enslaved in Egypt, and Pharaoh, King of Egypt, was worshipped as a god. But the one true God used miraculous plagues to show Pharaoh and the Egyptian people that He alone is the One True God. He graciously spared His people, the Israelites, from the effects of the plagues. The Israelites were told by Moses to put the blood of a sacrificial lamb around their doors, and those who believed in God obeyed Moses’ command and were spared. God spared Israel in Moses’ time by the blood of a lamb, and He wants to spare us today through the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God.
Help your kids understand that God saves His people when the believe in Him. God saves not because we are good enough, but because of His love for us.
Family Conversations and Activities
Main Points from the Bible Story:
- Moses told Pharaoh, “The Lord says, ‘Let My People go!’ ” But Pharaoh refused to obey.
- God sent ten plagues to show the Egyptians that He is the one true God.
- At Passover, God protected His people by the blood of a lamb.
- God parted the Red Sea and the Israelites crossed on dry ground.
Family Discussion Starters:
- How did God prove His power to the Egyptians?
- What animal did the Israelites kill at Passover? (a lamb)
- Who is the Lamb of God? (See John 1:29.)
- Do you trust God?
- Talk about a time your family had to trust God to take care of you.
- Choose a family in your community to invite to dinner. Pray for God to use your family to share the gospel.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Want to Talk About It?
Do you have questions about RADIUS Kids? Be sure to check out our Kids Page.
Want to know more about how you can engage your children in meaningful play? You can join our Facebook Group or feel free to contact Stephanie Ricard (RADIUS Kids Coordinator) or Andrea Krick (RADIUS Kids Preschool Coordinator).
Want to know more about the Gospel Project? Check out their website.
- 1.God Created
- 2.Sin Entered The World
- 3.Cain and Abel
- 4.Noah and the Ark
- 5.The Tower of Babel
- 6.God’s Covenant with Abraham
- 7.God Tested Abraham
- 8.The Promise Reaffirmed
- 9.The Stolen Blessing
- 10.Jacob’s New Name
- 11.Joseph Sent to Egypt
- 12.Joseph’s Dreams Came True
- 13.Angels Spoke To Mary & Joseph
- 14.Jesus Was Born
- 15.The Plagues, The Passover & The Crossing of the Red Sea
- 16.The Wilderness Test
- 17.The Golden Calf