The Tower of Babel
On Sunday our RADIUS Kids heard the Bible story about the Tower of Babel. Following the flood, God wanted to have a fresh start. God commanded Noah in Genesis 9:1 to “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.” In Genesis 11:2, Scripture indicates that instead of filling the earth as God commanded, the people built a city and a large tower into the heavens. The people didn’t want to be scattered. They didn’t believe God would give them what was good if they obeyed Him. They sought to obtain for themselves what they believed was good.
The people tried to build a monument with its top in the heavens, but they succeeded only in separating themselves from God and from each other. God confused their language and scattered them over the earth. They were unable to finish building the city, so the city was called Babel—which sounds like the Hebrew word for “confused”—because there the Lord confused the people’s language.
Take this opportunity to teach your kids about God’s better plan: His plan not for people to reach up to Him, but His plan to reach down to people by sending His Son, Jesus, to live the perfect life we couldn’t live and die the death we don’t want to die. That is the gospel.
Family Conversations and Activities
RADIUS Kids – Preschool
- Why did God create the world? God created the world for His glory.
- What is sin? Sin is breaking God’s law.
- God is holy.
Trust (hug yourself) in the Lord (point one index finger straight up above your head) with all (make big circles with both arms) your heart (put both hands over your heart) Proverbs 3:5 (hold your hands like an open book in front of you).
- Talk about how your family can bring God glory at church and in your community.
- Go further: Identify a specific way you can use a talent or gift to honor God, and do it!
RADIUS Kids – Elementary
- Why did God create the world? God created the world and everything in it for His glory.
- What is sin? Sin is breaking God’s law, and sin separates people from God.
- God created people to give glory to Him alone.
Everyone who sins is breaking God’s law… (1 John 3:4)
- List the talents and abilities you see in family members.
- Go further: Choose a way to use your talents to show God’s greatness.
Want to Talk About It?
Do you have questions about RADIUS Kids? Be sure to check out our Kids Page.
Want to know more about how you can engage your children in meaningful play? You can join our Facebook Group or feel free to contact Stephanie Ricard (RADIUS Kids Coordinator) or Andrea Krick (RADIUS Kids Preschool Coordinator).
Want to know more about the Gospel Project? Check out their website.
- 1.God Created
- 2.Sin Entered The World
- 3.Cain and Abel
- 4.Noah and the Ark
- 5.The Tower of Babel
- 6.God’s Covenant with Abraham
- 7.God Tested Abraham
- 8.The Promise Reaffirmed
- 9.The Stolen Blessing
- 10.Jacob’s New Name
- 11.Joseph Sent to Egypt
- 12.Joseph’s Dreams Came True
- 13.Angels Spoke To Mary & Joseph
- 14.Jesus Was Born
- 15.The Plagues, The Passover & The Crossing of the Red Sea
- 16.The Wilderness Test
- 17.The Golden Calf