Is there more to life?
“[There is] one general law, leading to the advancement of all organic beings, namely, multiply, vary, let the strongest live and the weakest die.” (Charles Darwin)
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” (Socrates)
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” (C.S. Lewis)
- Discuss the focus question 💬
- Tip — ask questions! Maybe questions like, What brings you peace? When have you felt completely satisfied in life? Why do you think it is so difficult to be content in our world? Do you think there is more to life?
- Remember, to teach does not mean to know everything. It simply means you know a little more than someone else about a particular subject—in this case, you know a little more about Jesus. That means you believe that there is more to life, and here you have the opportunity to share what the Bible says about this question.
- Scripture to Use: John 11:25-26, John 6:35, John 4:13
- Read Scripture out loud and then discuss what these verses mean.
- Tip — teaching still means using questions! Jesus taught with many, many questions. Pray through how you can ask the right things in the right ways. And remember you will be learning too‼️
- Go through 7 Arrows or SOAP Bible Reading Tools (you can find these in our “Making Disciples” folder in the RADIUS app)
- TASK+ → Give the disciple a Bible if they do not have one 📖
- Begin praying daily for the individual with whom you are meeting 🙏
- Maybe even start writing out particular prayers, watching and waiting for the LORD to answer.