How can I know Jesus?
“Once you become aware that the main business that you are here for is to know God, most of life’s problems fall into place of their own accord.” (J.I. Packer)
“If you want to know what it means to be human, look at Jesus. If you want to know what love is, look at Jesus. If you want to know what grief is, look at Jesus. And go on looking until you’re not just a spectator, but you’re actually part of the drama which has him as the central character.” (N.T. Wright)
“The condition of the church may be very accurately gauged by its prayer meetings.” (Charles Spurgeon)
- Review what they thought about the verses they read. Discuss the focus question 💬
- Hebrews 4:14-16
- Romans 8:26
- Matthew 6:5-15
Again, simply walk through these Scriptures. Highlight prayer today.
Has your disciple ever learned to pray? Do they pray often? Is prayer intimidating to them? How can they grow in prayer? Why do they think prayer is important?
- Pray to God together 🙏
- Take some time at the end to practice speaking to God. Model this yourself, and then have the other person follow
- Prayer resources can be found in the RADIUS App (Resources >> Making Disciples >>Prayer). Or simply pray these three things:
1) Pray the truth about God (talk with God about who He is and what He has done)
2) Pray the truth about yourself (talk with God about how you are feeling, confess where you have gone wrong, and ask God for help in becoming the person He wants you to be)
3) Pray the truth about the world (talk with God about people who are on your heart, situations that are great, and things that are hard)
- Pick a time of each day that both of you will pray for 5 minutes ⌚️
- Commit to praying through one of the prayer models for 5 minutes every day this week.
- If 5 minutes is too few, incorporate writing a prayer or have a few segments of prayer throughout the day. Challenge yourselves to focus on Jesus!
- Pick out a one hour slot this week and sit with God 🗓️
- Take out all distractions and try to listen to speak with Him. He is worthy of our time!