What is the Gospel?
“God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.”
“The gospel is not a doctrine of the tongue, but of life. It cannot be grasped by reason and memory only, but it is fully understood when it possesses the whole soul and penetrates to the inner recesses of the heart.”
The Gospel is simple — it does not need to be complicated. I am a great sinner and He is a great Savior. I need Him and He came for me.
Discuss the focus question 💬
- Have they heard the word “Gospel” before? Is it new? What does it make them think of? Do they have an idea of what it means?
- If you need a refresher on what the Gospel is and how to explain it, check out the Three Circles model for explaining the Gospel HERE!
- Also, always remember the Gospel is nothing more and nothing less than the story of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. If you know His story, you know the Good News.
Again, read through the full passage once together, and then walk through the passage verse by verse.
- What does this passage say?
- What does this passage say to its original audience?
- What does this passage say about God
- What does this passage say about man?
- How does this passage change the way I relate to people?
- How does this passage prompt me to pray?
Tip — Continue to prepare a variety of ❓ ❓questions! Be sure to ask if they have been “born again.” Focus on what that means and why God demands this from us.
Share your story → our stories are one of the greatest witnesses we have to the glory of God.
- Tip — be open about how God has changed your life, and let them ask questions of you, even difficult questions
- Click HERE for some more help on sharing your story.
If your disciple has accepted Jesus, ask them if they want to be baptized. If yes, show them how to get baptized at their church or with us at RADIUS.
- I WANT TO BE BAPTIZED AT RADIUS CHURCH 🙌
- Ask your disciple to read next week’s passages and come ready with questions / thoughts (Genesis 1:26-28 / Romans 3:10-12 / Romans 3:23-24) 📖📖📖